Sunday, March 8, 2009

My poor baby!

Carter was crying and crying one night, and since he is usually an angel child we couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. I just assumed he must be having tummy trouble and tried to calm him as best as I could. I was changing his clothes when I noticed his toe was red, looking closer it looked like it was about to pop off!! I rushed him to the ER and he had a hair wrapped around two toes and one was cut almost to the bone!!! They got the hair off and gave him an antiobotic shot and after about 4 hours sent us home. We had to come back the next day to follow up, and they prescribed an oral antibiotic and I was to go to the pediatrician the next day to have him look at it! He is alright but it was quite a shock! Apparently it is pretty common in the winter with very young infants! They can't tell you what hurts and you don't bathe them as often and keep them in socks or footie pajamas all day and night! I feel really bad, but he is back to his usual calm self again!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment