Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hayden is my rock.

I don't know what I would do without Hayden. He makes me smile when I don't think it is possible. We visited Carter's grave yesterday and he still doesn't understand that he is never coming home and that we go to the grave to remember him. ( I don't want to tell him that his body is in the ground just yet, I think it will scare him) I was talking to Carter, telling him I miss him and love him and such, Hayden looked at me really funny and then looked at the flowers on the grave and then told me "I don't think flowers talk back mom". I had to laugh. He tells me not to be sad anymore and that Carter is ok. Without Hayden I really don't know if I could handle this. I know I will never forget Carter and never get over his death, but with Hayden's help I think I will be ok. He is my rock.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that you were at least able to laugh a little. It is so good that you have Hayden to pull you through this! I pray that things will get easier for you!
    -Becky(PW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to hear he is able to help you through this. You are in all of our prayers and thoughts. You are not alone in never forgetting Carter. We will all remember him.

    - Carole from PW

    ReplyDelete