Thursday, May 14, 2009

One month.

It has been a month since my Baby Carter died. It feels so long ago and like it was yesterday. I miss him so much and think about him all the time. I wonder if I will ever feel the same, but I think I look and act the same on the outside. I don't see myself though so I don't know. I can't believe that time has just gone on the same as always when it feels so different to me and yet everyday the sun comes up and every night it goes back down. Weeks don't feel the same to me, there are no weekdays and weekends just days that run together. I wonder if anyone really understands what I write or really pays attention, but it doesn't matter. I think it helps for me to get it out there for people to see because I usually keep my emotions to myself and try not to let others see me upset. It is really hard to act like nothing is wrong all the time, when I just don't even feel like I will ever be "ME" again. I guess I just have to find a new me somewhere in the middle. I want to ask people if they think I am different now, because I try so hard not to show how much I am hurting so others don't feel akward around me, but if I ask then I have to admit that I am not the same and I am still hurting SO much all the time. I don't cry as much, but I think you can only sob so much and then you just don't have the energy to do it anymore. I just cry a little and then go on with my day. Hayden sees me cry sometimes and tells me it's ok and I can grow another baby in my tummy for my birthday (he is so obsessed with birthdays right now and his isn't until September), but I don't know how to tell him I am too scared to try. It did happen to me and my Carter, and it can happen again and I just can't take that chance. I might go and see my friend whose baby was born the day Carter died. I haven't held a baby for a month now and I don't know if it will be too hard, but I can't avoid babies forever. I really want to feel a baby in my arms again, it won't ever be the same as my Carter, but I am hoping it might make me feel something again. I just feel numb a lot of the time. I know I will cry and hope I won't upset my friend too much. Well, I was only going to post a short comment on the one month mark, but like always I end up just rambling all my thoughts I can't seem to say out loud. Thanks for reading, and I hope I don't bring people down. Just know it helps me to let people know how I feel when I can't come out and say it.

7 comments:

  1. I am paying attention. You aren't making me feel "down". And of course you are different. You are stronger. And Carter is there, helping you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am paying attention, too... XOXO

    (LovingThisBaby from PW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 I think about you and Carter all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its good for you to get it out. im glad that you have a place to do it. you arent bringing anyone down...we want to mourn with you. i think about baby carter every single day. and you too, and the heartache you are feeling. prayers for you!

    Jennifer (jennybird5757 from PW)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are many paying attention and grieving with you. It's good to get it out and I imagine that I would be much like you- going about life as normal on the outside and needing something like this to really express how I feel. I'm not a good face-to-face person. Praying for you and your family.

    Andrea (pandily from PW)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, I know I don't say it ever but I love you and I think about your heartache all the time and wish I could do something to take even a little piece of it away. You have shown such amazing strength I am in such awe at your strength. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. I love reading your blog. Please keep writing, especially if it helps you become your new you. I know it's hard to imagine trying for another baby ever, but children (Hayden) often know God's plan for us better than we do. Love you, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, I am very sorry for your loss... i have something to send you.. actually have had it for a while now but havent had the chance or money to mail it. Hopefully it will be there soon.
    Samantha
    aka
    CeruleanMomma july09 board

    ReplyDelete