Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I LOVE YOU CARTER

I LOVED HIM BEFORE I MET HIM
I KNEW HE WAS MEANT FOR ME
I PROMISED TO LOVE HIM FOREVER
NOT KNOWING HOW HARD IT WOULD BE

I THOUGHT ALL MY DREAMS HAD COME TRUE
I HAD TWO PERFECT CHILDREN
I DID ALL I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO
I THOUGHT OUR LIVES WERE JUST BEGINNING

HE WAS SO SUDDENLY TAKEN
THIS CHILD I LOVED SO DEAR
I NEVER KNEW ABOUT HEARTACHE
UNTIL HE WAS NO LONGER HERE

I FEEL IT WASN'T FAIR TO ME
TO HAVE HAD HIM SUCH A SHORT TIME
HE TOUCHED MY LIFE SO ENORMOUSLEY
A MORE BEAUTIFUL CHILD YOU WON'T FIND

I HAD HEARD OF GRIEF AND ANGUISH
I THOUGHT I KNEW OF PAIN
ALL OTHER PAIN I COULD DEAL WITH
IF I COULD HAVE HIM BACK AGAIN

I HAD MY LIFE PLANNED OUT FOR ME
THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN
HE WAS A PART OF EVERY HOPE AND DREAM
HOW DOES LIFE GO ON WITHOUT HIM?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Sarah I am so so sorry that Carter was taken from you. I dont know why this happened. I think about you every day... I wish that I could say something to help ease your pain but I know nothing I say is going to help. Just know that I'm here for you. Anytime.... day or night... if you need anything....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting to be quite the poet, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete