Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MY VERSION OF CHRISTMASES WHEN YOU WERE MINE...

My Momma's in the kitchen, worrying about me
Season's greetings, hope your well
Well I'm doing alright
If you were wondering
Lately I can never tell

I know this shouldn't be a lonely time
But last Christmas was when you were mine

I've been doing "ok" without you, really
Up until the nights got cold
And everybody's here, except you, baby
Seems like everyone's got someone to hold

But for me it's just a lonely time
Cause last Christmas was when you were mine

Merry Christmas everybody
That'll have to be something I just say this year
I hang your stocking by the rest
I wonder what you'd be like if you were here

I know this shouldn't be a lonely time
But I wonder where you are tonight
Cause last Christmas was when you were mine

You were mine

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words! God Bless you and your family during this holiday season and ALWAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I still think of you and Carter often. Wishing you and your family many blessings! We'll be thinking about Carter on his birthday.

    ReplyDelete