Saturday, July 16, 2011

Watching "Harry Potter" grow up!

So I thought I would post a "before I see the movie" and an "after". I know, I am a huge nerd. I don't care. I feel like it is the end of..... something? For the past ten years I have looked forward to going to the HP movies with my whole family and have read and re-read the books in anticipation for how it will come across on the big screen. For the most part I have been very happy with the results. I love the books and I love the movies. Now, this very afternoon, it will all be over. I have mixed feelings about it ending. I know what happens. I have read the books. It is just so much more real to see it and experience it. I am excited and a little sad. I don't know when or if something like this will come along again in my lifetime. Most books/movies I am tired of by about the third one. Never with Harry Potter. I feel like I am a part of the magical world and, yes, I do believe! From the first time I read "you are a wizard, Harry" I was hooked. JK Rowling created a world that will live on forever. I can't wait to read the books again when Hayden can enjoy them. They are characters that I have grown to love and will revisit them often. I feel like I watched them grow and now they are ready to move on also. The boy who lived is now a man. I feel a motherly affection for these kids and I am ready to see what else they have in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment