Monday, November 28, 2011

What a Hoot!

This year Carter's tree is "What a Hoot!" and it is C22 at the Festival of Trees. I have always loved owls and the owl is honored as the keeper of spirits who had passed from one plane to another. Often myth indicates the owl accompanying a spirit to the underworld - winging it's newly freed soul from the physical world into the realm of spirit.
Liza and Ashley helped by making the tree skirt and owl ornaments. Stephanie donated ornaments and made super cute owl ornaments for the boutique.
Grandma Zina made a quilt, Kylee made the fleece blanket and Oleysa knitted the cute yellow owl. Liza had the idea to hand stitch old sweaters together for the owl pillows.
Mary, Liza and JJ all came with me to help set it up and we looked around for ideas for next year. I hope to keep doing this every year and will try to do something new each year...... but I do love owls so I might have to do it again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment